Friday, August 12, 2011

Work and a Free Weekend

I've started working and it's really a lot of fun.  I enjoy helping people and the women I supervise are all hard workers.  It sure makes the job a lot easier when we're all working hard.  :)  I came in on that weird pay period so it's almost three weeks before I get paid.  But, it should be a decent paycheck!  woo woo!

I'm still getting into the groove of work/art/exercise thing.  It's hard not to drop everything and focus on work, especially when I want to make a great impression. I know it makes me lopsided so I try not to do it.  But, I've got the weekend off from work and the kids so I can get back on track and not feel like something is being dropped.

So what to do??  LOL  My garden is coming in like gangbusters, I'd like to get some tomatoes canned or sauce made.  I also need to figure out how to make some basil frozen for future use. Since the girls are out for the weekend, I may use their popsicle maker, but don't tell them.  I'd never hear the end of that!
It's the full moon tomorrow - I believe that there is a moonlight walk being held at one of the local campgrounds.  Always fun.  There is usually one of the local herbalist/forester/wildlife managers there to take you on the walk.  I just have to remember my bug spray.  Smacking myself really diminishes the joy.
And paint!  Four cranes flew over the house yesterday morning, and I'd like to see if I can get that painted.  (I can still see them!)

I do have to ask one question....does anyone notice that they keep painting the same thing over and over again? I keep painting beaches!  Don't know why, but I love them and now I have sheets of beaches.  


3 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful full-moon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I hope yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could paint actual pictures, in the first place. Then I'm sure I'd be painting the same things over and over, too. As far as my collages go, I do use alot of the same imagery - hands and eyes, and I'm sure there's much other repetitive imagery if I go back and look. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to just drop everything else because of full time work! I did do that, for about a year when I started working full time. But I thought about making art and blogging all the time and finally FORCED myself to come back to it in May of this year (I think it was). It was the best thing I've done all year! Keep on doing what you can in a balanced way, without fretting over a thing. It'll all fall into place. Wishing you the very best on your new job!

    ReplyDelete