Saturday, August 20, 2011

Be Kind, Rewind

Once again this year, I find myself at a loss.  No one has died, but I'm at a loss for direction.  I got rid of all of this unnecessary crap and now I'm not sure what to do with all of the space, for lack of a better term.  I find myself wanting to stay busy and to fill it up as fast as I can!  And that, I can tell you, never turns out well for me.  I just get more crap!

So, I'm trying to stop, regroup, and take a deep breath.  Does this actually work for anyone??

As summer winds down and school starts for the kids, I'll be more willing to take a bigger breath and look around me.  It's just hard right now, ya know?  Especially with us trying to get everything done in these last couple of weeks of summer.  (The kids are going camping with their dad on Labor Day and to be honest, I'm counting the days!)

Not all is lost, however.  Work is fabulous and I'm enjoying every moment of it.  I'm also cooking like mad.  I made this and this tonight. (the tomatoes came in)  My oldest made huckleberry cheesecake for dinner - yea, it was decadent.  I thought my dad (mom went to visit her sister, dad is alone) was going to die happy right then and there.  LOL  I've also found soap/spa books at the library so I'm combing recipes and gathering guinea pigs.  (I love my guinea pigs)
My big race is next weekend and my achilles heel got sore this last couple of days.  Dammitolanyway!  I really want to run and now I'm sore!  Ack!  I played in the river today and that cold water really helped.  I'm running tomorrow to see how it goes.  Keep your fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. It´s great that you may recognize your own pattern. Not an easy task.
    Good to read you are enjoying your work and your cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, regrouping and taking a breath, reorganizing yourself does work, and it is good to do it on a regular basis. You sound busy and happy, but wanting more. Be thankful for all the good and spend some time deciding what it is that is making you feel restless and incomplete. Good luck with your race, though your Achilles may be a message. Wonderful cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My time in the river really helped the tendon and I'm good to (gingerly) go!
    I am so thankful, and it's great advice to figure out what is making me incomplete (never thought of it that way, to be honest). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, that's something. Here I am itching to get that feeling of freedom that I imagine comes from completely letting go of all I don't need, but I hadn't considered that I might feel empty, instead. Just from reading your words, I can already see myself having that same dilemma. Maybe this is a giant clue as to why we clutter ourselves up in the first place, huh? Maybe it's a sort of self-sabotage. At least for me, that is.

    Those cheddar bay biscuits sound delicious and, along with the tomato soup, it's actually got me looking forward to Autumn weather. Soup and biscuits and warm blankets, mmmmmmmm.

    This guinea pig loves you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy!!! Those cheese biscuits look to die for!! :)

    The season is beginning to change some .... I feel myself hoping for cooler days for 'nesting' in. Thats when I like to surround myself with stuff that makes me happy...there's always that energy shift that comes, though...not a 'down'...just a slowdown kinda. Whenever and with whatever you decide to fill that space, I have the feeling it will be with items/people that bring you smiles!

    ReplyDelete