Sunday, August 14, 2011

Huckleberry Sunday

My children were with their father this weekend, so I called a friend and asked if she wanted to go huckleberry picking until I picked the kids up.  She jumped at the chance, thank goodness.  We headed up early to her 'spot' and started picking. 

Over the years, I've happily forgotten how hard picking huckleberries are!  Ah, but the rewards are completely worth it.  I came home with about a gallon bag full of huckleberries, a handful of thimble berries and some big, big leads on elderberries (about two weeks) for wine.  Also, my beloved nettles are much closer than I thought they were!  There will be soup in the spring!!

Right now, I'm tired, with purple spots on my shorts from having sat on huckleberries sometime this morning..  Happy at seeing my children and having a wonderful day, but still tired.  Bone - tired, as my grandmother used to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment