Monday, August 8, 2011

Chapter 3 and The Western Montana Fair

It's been a great week.  Today, I took my oldest into town to enter her Blondies With a Dye Job Brownies into the Fair.  (She messed up making blondie style brownies one time and they turned out fabulous.  She wanted to enter them into the fair and I jumped on it.)  We were really nervous - still are.  I really hope she gets a ribbon.  We had to enter her into the adult culinary section because there was no kids' brownie division.  (You better believe that I wrote on her entry form that she's only 12 years old!)  We find out tomorrow how she did.

I'm glad that my Recipe Testing is beginning to rub off on the kids.  I've discovered that I enjoy trying recipes that I see on the tv or read about.  Sometimes they rock, sometimes not.  But, it's a great way to be creative and make people happy.  The oldest has always had an interest in cooking and so I'm jumping all over that - she's made crab won tons, ice cream, greek salads, etc.  We decided to take a different meal each time.  Last time she had appetizers.  Next time, it's Breakfast.

What is going on with Blogger????  I had a great big thing on how my morning pages were going great, I was taking myself on dates, and noticing colors everywhere I go.
It was great.  And Blogger ate it!  Damn! 

Anyway, I'm doing well and I'll post more later! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the fact that recipe testing is rubbing off. Keep on trying with blogger. It will be better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read you are doing well!
    All your recipe testing sounds delicious. Maybe that´s why Blogger had to eat something. ;)

    ReplyDelete