Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wishing Wednesday!

Aye!  Jaime asked today (happy dance!) What do you wish to enjoy? 

For me, this one was easy because I've been thinking about it for the last 6 months - the beach! My best childhood memories are at the beach with my grandparents.  My seanmathair made ham and cheese sandwiches, we went crabbing (turkey necks are the key), and we would spend hours combing the beach for shells.  I love it and I feel a little "dry" these days.

This year, I'd like to go to Bald Head Islands in the Outer Banks.  (They have blue herons!!!)  I wish to take my daughters there for a week so we can help with the turtle babies, climb the lighthouse, splash through the tidal pools and paint the sunrises and sunsets.  That's my wish!

14 comments:

  1. wow. what a beautiful beach picture! I hope you have an amazing time! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a dream come true... Can you please post some pictures? As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. Sounds like a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful wish! :]
    Great photo... a slice of heaven here <3
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love beaches! Have a wonderful time :)

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh, can I come too? I promise to pack light and help with the cooking! lol :)

    This looks like a wonderful place and your memories are sweet (I have my own about turkey necks...but they involve eating them, not using them as bait! haha)

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooove the beach! as you wish for yourself, so i wish for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself,So I wish for your also :-) The beach is a beautiful place and a perfect wish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a simply amazing wish...the beach is made to enjoy so go to it! As you wish for yourself, so i wish for you als.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a plan! And a very good one at that. :)
    As Maggie wishes forherself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely wonderful! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your help on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, beaches are such freeing places, breathing lightness into us :) - as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear ya on being near the water, Pisces sister! And you paint a lovely mental picture that's calling out to me, as well. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete