Friday, August 19, 2011

Airing Out

Well, I'm not sure what exactly happened the other day, but I decided to air out the skeletons in my closet.  There were too many secrets I was keeping for people - people that I didn't really care about.  Why was I doing that, I asked myself.  So, I said screw it and got rid of it all emotionally.
Talk about taking a load off!!  I ended a couple of relationships that I should have ended a long time ago.  (And in the process, got rid of their skeletons) Actually, it was more like I cut that final dental floss I was hanging on to.  I cried about it on the way to work, but I feel better now.  Lots better.  It's amazing how much more room I have for new shoes in that closet!  :)

I hate to say this, but I'm a little worried that I won't have relationships.  (I know how that sounds, I really do)  I kinda like the attention I got from those relationships.  They were comfortable and I could count on them. 

Oh heavens.....that had to have made a couple of you retch.  Sorry.  I'm going to go run.  And have a cup of coffee.  :)

3 comments:

  1. No retching, but applause! It takes courage to end friendships. In fact, I often think they're harder to end than romantic relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you have both of them wrapped into one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No retching here, either. I'm 1000% behind you on this. I have been there, done that. And I do understand your concern about not having relationships. I've found this happening with me due to my attempt to avoid getting embroiled in more of the same drama again. But it's no good, and I do need to break out of this rut. Don't let yourself fall into that. Trust yourself to make new, healthy, supportive friendships! There's room for them now!

    ReplyDelete