Saturday, August 13, 2011

Full Moon and Dreamboards

A few weeks ago, I attended an online dreamboard making 'clinic', so to say.  It was Wednesday's Jaime who hosted the whole she-bang and I had a blast!  Jaime is a great hostess and everyone online chimed in.  (Don't you hate it when no one says anything?  It's like a junior high dance!)  I got a great link to a website where I could click pictures to make my own dreamboard - ONLINE! 

How cool is that???

Anyway, so I was madly clicking, downloading my own photos and sharing with everyone I could think of.    Everyone's making dreamboards and there are some really interesting boards that people have put together: weddings, vacations, houses decorating, etc.  If you can think of it, someone has put together (or is in the process of putting together) a board for it.

For me, my dreamboard is whatever caught my eye at the time.  Whatever I coveted, not to put a negative spin on things.  I'm not quite sure exactly what it was supposed to do, but it made me happy to do it and I love looking at it.  And, trust me, I look at it a lot!

And all of you who love the synchronicity deal - the office that I'm cleaning (supervising the crew) is a medical office.  I discovered last night that they had a Breast Cancer Nurse!    Oh yea!  I have a connection to the chemotherapy world! (does that sound as strange to you as it does to me?)  I was so happy I couldn't see straight!! 
This, of course, was after I hit the library and found two of the best soap-making books! Both of which are  sitting next to me right now.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ginny! I just joined Pinterest this past Thursday, when I was frantically searching for an image to illustrate my Wednesday Wishcast, which I never got to actually do yet. I had remembered everyone talking about it and went and asked for an invite, and was surprised that I got the response right away. But I didn't actually get to make any boards yet. I am psyched to as soon as I get a chance, and looking at your gorgeous selections for your dreamboard, I am certainly going to be "re-pinning" quite a few of yours! Oh those lovely lovely images you chose!! I can honestly say that all of them resonate with me, too. Most especially the private place in the woods and the herbology ones!

    I am a lover of synchronicity and I am so thrilled to hear about all of your recent rendezvous with it.

    Now, do tell, what do you have in mind for me to test out? I am very interested!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear Maggie, I'm so sorry! I meant Maggie and wrote Ginny. Ugh, forgive me. I'm trying to squeeze in a whole week's worth of blog visiting in a few hours tonight, before another week of work starts up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, girl! LOVE your images! What's up with all the Scottish/gaelic stuff? Are you from that neck of the world or just into it? I love all this gaelic myself!!

    I also loved the Blue Heron - such an auspicious symbol for your board.

    I did one this month, too. Not sure if I'll be able to get one done every month (I totally missed the clinic with Jamie :( Can'd do video at work!) but it sounds like it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream - no worries! :) I like Ginny too. Need to get your email about the soaps/lotions/etc.
    Wild - I was in Scotland for a little while last year. Loved it! I learned tons over there! Just not sure what to do with all the information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maggie, I just came back and saw this! My email is: dreamwiththefishes (at) rocketmail (dot) com. I'd love to test out some soaps/lotions/etc!!

    Also, I wanted to say it was nice to see your comment, that you get where I'm coming from with the whole avoidance thing, for the sake of not having to explain myself. I'll be with all this good work we're doing together with Paula on the Artist's Way, it's a big possibility that I break through that before we're done. That'd be nice.

    ReplyDelete