Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Date

Today, after work and dropping off radishes (yep), I took myself to Michael's craft shop.  If any of you have kids, you know that you never take your kids into Michael's if you want to get in there quickly or if there's something you want to look at yourself. 

So, I don't ever get in there.

But, today I went in and met the nicest little salesgirl who let me try out all of the different paints.  We went through the watercolor pencils (LOVE THEM) and she showed me how they work and the different things you can do with them.  I'm desperately have heart boners for these little pencils.  ohmi!

But, I am also open to other suggestions.  So, if someone has an art medium that they prefer, drop me a comment.  I'd love check those out too.

7 comments:

  1. I love Michaels! It's seriously difficult not to walk out of there with my hands full and my wallet empty! lol

    I'm afraid I don't know about the pencils. Recently I decided to dig out my oil paints, but haven't done much with them yet...I've been sort of preoccupied ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely! Work is going to keep me busy for a while, but I will definitely be thinking of those paints! LOL Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and so glad you got your Artists Date in. I love Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to have someone show you all those things! made for a special aartist's date!
    I use whatever I can find - sharpies, watercolour pencils, watercolours, acrylic folk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab to be able to try paints! Specially to be shown how they work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I had thought of going to go to Michael's as my Artist's Date, too! I will definitely be doing that on one of my A.D.'s. I know what I get like in places like that, so I can only imagine what it's like from a kid's perspective. I don't blame them for getting crazy in there. Glad you got such a helpful salesgirl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip to the art supply store! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete