Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Artist's Way - Chapter Two ( I think)

I kinda got wrapped up in work and the Artist's Way so I've forgotten what I have posted so far.  I know that I have physically read the second chapter, done some of the tasks, and am reading chapter three.  Whoops!

I am really enjoy this, as some of my blog entries have shown.  My daily pages aren't morning most of the time, mainly due to work schedule - it's darn hard to write morning pages when I'm at work at 6:30 am!  So I've been adjusting and having a good time.  I know that a lot of my not-written-in-the-morning pages are rants for the first page or so.  LOL
I've been doing the dates, also.  So much so that I've quit viewing them as a 'date'.  I'm just working them into my weekly life.  Yay!  It's kind of nice to do something nice for myself, as weird or unnatural as it feels at first.

For the second chapter, I did the mandala task.  A couple of time because when I realized that I was lacking in certain areas.  It was a good task that I'll continue again.
And, to be honest, sitting here I can't remember the other task that I did.  (I'm mixing up chapters)   I remember writing it down in my morning pages, but that's it. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep going and keep having fun with it! I missed my Artist's Date this week but will make a point of taking 2 in the coming week. I'm so glad we're doing this in 2 week chunks, 'cause it is hard with work and all. But I don't have to go in at 6:30! Yikes!! That's early! It's no wonder your pages are "some-point-in-the-day" pages rather than morning ones. So what, as long as you're doing them. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my date this week is going to be a quickie, unless I get to count my hike with the kids today. Work called and we're going all week. :) I will definitely look forward to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete