Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Keurig Planting

Not having any peat pots, I decided to use what I have....lots and lots of Keurig cups!! (I love my Caribou Coffee in the morning!)  Woo woo!  Let the planting commence!

I gathered all of my Keurig cups, potting soil, and clippers.
 
 
The first thing to do is to remove the little liner on the top of the cup.  Make sure you don't spill the coffee.  Yet.  You want to put it on your compost pile.
 




 
After getting the lids off, dump the coffee in the compost pile and you'll have a filter underneath....
 
 
 
 
Just rip these off and put them in the compost pile too.  (It's not quite as easy as that, but it's fairly easy once you know what you're looking for.)
 
After cleaning those up, you'll want to head back over to your Keurig.  That little hole on the bottom of the cup that your coffee drips out of?  Yea, you want a couple more of them.  I had my youngest daughter drop the cups into the Keurig and punch a couple more holes in each cup.  You end up with something like this:
 

I then dropped a little potting soil in there and a few tomato seeds and I was good to go.  The seeds came up fairly quickly and since I didn't have grow lights, they got kinda leggy.  Which is okay, I have Blue Bell ice cream pints ready for them to go into.  :)   (Those pictures will come a little later, I just got them transferred over. It looks like we eat a TON of ice cream, but I rounded a few outsiders up!)

And that's how you can completely justify your Keurig!  :)  LOL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment