Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Hopefully everyone has the day off and is enjoying their holiday.  I have the day off, even did the BBQ thing - although I will admit that I cheated and caved into the hot butchery guy by buying already prepared ribs (OMG, they were fabulous!  for once my libido didn't steer me wrong!) - and didn't do a whole lot. 

Tomorrow is the first day of school and there is no little part of me that isn't rejoicing.  Seriously.  The girls have been out since May 4th and I am out of things to do.  I am more than happy to hand them over to the State of Montana.  (There will be much, much merriment in the school district tomorrow - I think the local coffee shop is going to throw a party)

I have been doing my morning pages and tasks, but I have no flippin' clue as to where  I am in the book.  I know that I'm dealing a lot with the jealousy tasks.  (ugh!  ugh!  ugh!)  I don't like it.  Not one little bit.  *sigh* which means that it's probably pretty good for me.   I may be stuck on this one for a little while.

I really really love Fall. 

Oh!  I made some Habenero Gold Jelly.  It completely rocks!  And beautiful - that habenero orange is my favorite color.  And HOT HOT HOT!  love it!!  I found it in an old Ball Canning Cookbook that I bought at a garage sale.  (Cookbooks are my achilles heel) 

I also attempted my crochet of copper wire.  I tried a bracelet, but the ring turned out lots better.   Forgive my lack of manicure, but here's a photo....




I just have to figure out the back where it attaches.....


3 comments:

  1. Lots of creativity at your place! :) Enjoy the new school time schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're off! I need to go take a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY diggin' your crocheted copper rings! Love that you are influenced into a purchase by the guy's hotness! Believe me, I hear ya. Now you've got me thrown off as to where I am in the book... what jealousy tasks??? That Habanero Gold jelly sounds fiercely good! I LOVE hot stuff and used to be able to gobble it up. Now I have to stick to milder stuff. Darn it. Glad for you that you'll now have lots of you time, with the kids back to school! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete