Thursday, May 17, 2012

Travelin' (Wo)Man

A blog that I frequent talks today about the trials and tribulations of travelling.  I find myself commiserating mentally and laughing at my own on-the-road adventures.  (We flew home from Scotland at 3:00 am, lunar eclipse, winter solstice, flight delayed leading to a bus ride with a broken heater...) I hate to say it, but I feel that everyone needs to have at least one of these occurrences under their belt to really be a "traveller".  It makes you able to roll with the punches and gives you really wonderful stories for later. If you haven't had one of these, it's waiting for you.....good luck.

I'm getting into a new type of travelling - The Solo Traveller.  Since about 1997, I have always had someone travelling with me.  Either (ex) hubby or kids or other family  members.  It makes for more adventures, but it also cranks up my stress levels at times. 
Next week, the kids are going to their dad's place and I'm jumping on a plane for California.  For five days, I will be on vacation.  A true 'vacation'.  I can't remember a time that I have done that in this century. (That was a pretty good one - for emphasis)

I'm taking two memory cards for my camera, my watercolor pencils, lots of paper, and flip flops.  


I can't wait!!















No comments:

Post a Comment