Monday, May 7, 2012

Fun Farmers' Market!!

I really didn't see this one coming, but sometimes those are the best experiences!  Anyway, I received a call from a company that I did some temporary work for last summer.  They were wondering how I was spending my Saturday mornings.

Uh.

It turns out, one of the local farmers' markets was in need of an assistant market master.  I jumped on it with both feet.  I started last Saturday, 6:00 am.  It was so much fun!  I have more crafts than food, but since I am a big crafter (and Pinterest fan), I had a blast.  The weather was a little nasty, so most of the usuals weren't there and that opened up the stalls for guest vendors.  We almost filled all of the spaces!
The other good thing was that my girls were able to come down a couple of hours later to help.  I think it's important that they 1) get around artistic people and 2) get involved in the local community.  We all hauled cones, picked up trash and helped the vendors when we could. 
Plus, we get paid for it.  :)

1 comment: