Thursday, February 28, 2013

Deep In the Heart

I went down to Texas recently to meet the new family and get things lined out for schools and such for the move down.  Texas was not what I thought, although I'm not sure what I had pictured.  Something between Dallas and The Beverly Hillbillies, I think.  (yes, forgive me, Texas)

I did meet the family, or, at least, some of them.  I learned to play canasta and really enjoyed myself.  My future family are good people and I look forward to meeting the rest of them.  (Let's all remember me writing this for future reference)

My hunny and I went down to Port Aransas to do some bird watching and I managed to get some great shots.....


I love all the birds.  My beloved blue herons were everywhere and we even managed to get a couple of shots of the whooping cranes.  We talked of taking the girls down next year so that they can enjoy it also. 

And now I am home, getting things organized and working as much as I can.  Only three more months before the big move and I want to feel that I've done all I can do so that I make a clean break...that may not be the right word.  'Getaway' isn't what I want either.  'A fresh start' may be better. 
Trips to my storage unit, going through clothes, packing books (lots and lots of books!), and general organization is in my future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment